Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Trunks for the dolls

  1. #1
    emsmombuysdolls
    Guest emsmombuysdolls's Avatar

    Post

    I don't want to say anything negative about American Girl for fear of lightening striking me and my dd kicking me out of the house, but...

    I am a little disappointed in the doll's trunks. Yes, they look FABULOUS. I just wish they were bigger. It doesn't seem like they would fit a lot of things. I went to Hobby Lobby and found a trunk that was huge for $30. I finished it and lined the inside with AG catalog pieces. It fits a lot of things. I just can't see spending that kind of money on a trunk that doesn't hold a lot. Am I the only one? Is it bigger than it looks?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ckropp's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2003
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with what you are saying. Wal-Mart had a toy box with Disney Princess's on it and it is huge that is what we are currently using. The dolls sit nicely on top of it and my dd loves it. I do want Sam's trunk even having said this.

    Cathy

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We now have Kit's, Kirsten's and Josefina's trunks. I love them all! I don't think they are meant to hold EVERYTHING that someone might have, but for a specific doll, they are fine. For instance, everything we have for Kit does fit in Kit's trunk. I just got Kirsten's yesterday, and it is beautiful.

    I'm sure you did a great job on your trunk, I will probably get something like that for some of our AGT items! I have a knock off style trunk in dark wood for Felicity, but last year I actually got her retired one on ebay, so I'll use the extra one for another doll now.

    Laurie

  4. #4
    emsmombuysdolls
    Guest emsmombuysdolls's Avatar

    Post

    I never thought of that. But it would be cool to have 5 trunks lined up for 5 dolls (we currently have 5 if you haven't guessed) Then I could use the one I made for Today or other accessories. It would help keep things organized. Thanks! Now I have something else to buy at the benefit sale [img]confused.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •